Compensation: $25 / hour
Work Location: Flexible. King of Prussia several hours per week. Most tasks may be performed remotely.
Initially, the position may require 30-40 hours per week while procedures are being implemented. The expectation is that the steady-state will be approximately 20 hours per week, much of which can be performed remotely.
The King of Prussia Diner, Bakery and Wild Rooster Bar has immediate need for a part-time Bookkeeper and Payroll Administrator to help maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Working closely with our General Manager, he/she will process payroll, accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices. Our ideal candidate holds a degree and is familiar with accounting software packages, specifically QuickBooks Online. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company and manage cash flow.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded correctly in vendor ledger and general ledger
- Perform checks during posting process, such as validating sales receipts via point of sale system (Clover) and accuracy of sales deposits and cash drops in bank account.
- Enter data, maintain records and reports for financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for bookkeeping function, payroll, and general human resources policies.
- Assist General Manager in forecasting and determining scheduling and purchasing needs for the individual restaurant.
- Interact with CPA and assist in preparing and providing information related to taxes and investor payments.
- Safeguard all company assets, including funds, equipment, and the facility and take appropriate action as and when necessary.
- Minimum two years of bookkeeping experience in a service-oriented, hospitality industry such as hotel, resort, restaurant, retail, entertainment venue preferred
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and QuickBooks Online
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.